Our goal at the Narrows Center is to present music that matters, art that inspires, and a commitment to community. We know that educating our youth in all forms of the arts is essential to expanding their mind and nurturing their soul. While arts and music classes in our public schools have been diminished or eliminated, the Narrows Center is working to fill that critical void.
We strive to engage and educate people of all ages and to partner with other like-minded local and regional organizations as a hub for culture and the arts. We believe that art should be available to everyone, not just those with economic means. We have created programs allowing exposure to the visual and performing arts at low or no cost.
Patrons can visit our Art Galleries free of charge during regular gallery hours and concert attendees enjoy viewing the artwork on performance nights. We welcome students from area schools, consumers from area human services agencies and many senior groups to view artwork in the galleries.
Here is a sampling of programs and partnerships at the Narrows Center or in the community:
- Launched “Summer Evenings in the Park,” in 2021, a partnership with the City of Fall River, bringing free live music, arts and crafts, and food into different neighborhood parks, bringing people of all ethnicities together and creating a sense of community
- Launched Spindle City Fest, merging the finest in Art, Music, Victuals, Mind and Body for a fun and culturally enriching day
- Partners with VET Tix to provide free concert tickets to currently serving Military and Veterans
- Provides transportation for area school children to attend docent led art shows and participate in programming
- Hosts music and art classes for the consumers of People, Incorporated.
- Collaborates with the Arte Institute of New York, a non-profit, promoting culture and showcasing performing and visual artists from Portugal
- Hosts fundraisers for the Mastery School of Independent Living, the Michael Troy Memorial Music Foundation, and the Angie Dolan Memorial Foundation
- Conducts Food Drives helping many Fall River families in need
- Hosted a gallery exhibition – a multimedia art show – displaying the works of Morton Middle School’s talented students, to raise awareness of litter in Fall River
- Partners with other non–profits for the Kids-a-Palooza, a free family-centric event
- Partners with People, Incorporated to host the Annual Block-a-Palooza
- Partnered with the Westport River Watershed Alliance to raise awareness and funds to protect the environmental integrity of the Westport River watershed and its coastal environs of Buzzards Bay
- Provided gallery exhibition space for students from U Mass Dartmouth and Diman Vocational Regional High School
- Hosts concerts with TJ’s Music All-Stars and the School of Rock All Stars providing an opportunity for budding musicians and vocalists to perform onstage in front of a live audience
- Hosts Narrows Festival of the Arts allowing hundreds of people of all ages to enjoy high quality visual and performing arts for free
- Provides discounted concert ticket pricing to music students and non-profit organizations
- Provides educational programming for Home School Organizations
- Provides low-cost space for lectures, book groups, and trainings
- Free online gallery exhibitions
- Works with the City of Fall River collaborations on programs to benefit the community
- Collaborates with One Southcoast Chamber and the FRACC Program, working to message that Fall River has a plethora of arts available and is a great destination to visit